Monday, June 13, 2011

Photographic Memories

Heart said :

I spend hours looking at pictures that other people took of people that I will never know.

People that are somewhere out there in the world facing their own demons, facing their own choices, living their own dream. They are young and beautiful and hopeful. They are captured in singular moments that will never happen again and I think that’s why I admire photography too much.

When I look at a photo, I am immediately drawn back to a moment. I can recall being there; I can recall being happy, I remember the smells and the people that meant so much to me. There’s so much life and innocence in a picture that is so nostalgic to me.

 It’s amazing how it can bring me back to a time that will never be again. A time when I was different, a time I was unsure of who I was and what I wanted. It doesn’t even matter if the picture is of strangers, because I can still see myself in someone else or yearn for a place that doesn’t even exist in my own memories.

Life moves and change so fast sometimes, that photographs are the only way that I can remember my past.

No comments: